Recharge is passionate about providing Therapeutic Massage and having it be easily accessible and accommodating for those suffering from chronic pain, illness or injury. Recharge will provide flexible hours in the atmosphere you are most comfortable.
Recharge Client Policy Guidelines
All massage appointments are by appointment only. Availability will vary. To ensure appointment availability, I suggest that a regular series of appointments be scheduled. You, the client, will also discover the value of regular appointments to your own health benefits.
• Cancellation Policy
Our time together is important. Unless there is an emergency, clients will be expected to pay in full for missed appointments, or for cancellation with less than 24 hours advance notice. During inclement weather, the client will be given a credit to be used at a later date. Cancellations will be accepted by appropriate phone message or voice mail (indicating caller, time of call, time of appointment), and/or by email and providing the same information. All appointments are prepaid at time of booking.
• Lateness Policy
I request that you arrive about 15 minutes early for your appointment. Our massage therapy policies state: If you arrive late for your appointment, the time left will be used to its best advantage. If the massage therapist is late for the appointment, the remaining time will be used and the client will receive a discount for the massage session.
• Sickness Policy
Recharge recognizes that both massage therapists and clients are vulnerable to infections and therefore ask clients to cancel appointments when they are feeling unwell. If you have any of the following contagious illnesses the massage session will be rescheduled:
Diarrhea, Vomiting, Fever, Chicken Pox, Measles, Mumps, Meningitis, Hepatitis A, Conjunctivitis, Rubella, Head Lice, Impetigo, Influenza, Meningococcal Disease, Ringworm of the body, feet or scalp, Scabies, Thrush, Whooping Cough and the Common Cold.
Clients may NOT bring children that will be left unsupervised by an adult during their massage, and Recharge will not be responsible for the care of children while a parent is receiving massage. So, clients should please arrange for their childrens’ supervision beforehand, or have an adult friend for their massage and reserve the quiet time and the relaxation during their session for themselves!
Massage for Minors
Massage for minors will require a legal guardian to be present on site during session and sign waiver verifying the guardian is consenting. A minor in Texas is 17 and under.
• Cell Phones and Music Players
Cell phones should be placed on silent because of the need to maintain a quiet and relaxed environment for yourself during our scheduled session, as well as for the benefit of the therapist. Music is provided for your benefits, if you don’t want it, it can be turned off as well.
• Professional Boundaries
In order for therapeutic massage by Recharge to best serve your needs – honest disclosure of any situation that may interfere with safe, nurturing, nonjudgmental, nonsexual touch must be considered.
• The massage therapist needs to consider personal needs, biases, fears, concerns, and limitations as stated in the massage therapy policies and procedures.
• Respect of Client Boundaries
In this partnership, it is important that the client is honest and open with the massage therapist.
• Feedback about the effectiveness of the work, situations that may have been uncomfortable for you, massage techniques that you enjoyed, massage techniques that you did not like, etc., is very important.
• Please feel free to share this information with us, as you become aware of it.
• If at any time, you feel that another therapist would better serve you, please ask for a referral. If we do anything that makes you feel uncomfortable, tell us immediately. We will not be offended as we hold our massage therapy policies to a very high standard.
• Respect for client boundaries is very important. To maintain respect for each client and establish professional boundaries the following massage therapy policies apply:
• The client may choose to leave on as much clothing as needed for comfort.
• The client will always be modestly draped. Only the area being massaged will be undraped. The clients will be kept informed of the area to be massaged.
• *Sexual interaction or discussion of any kind between the client and the massage therapist is NEVER appropriate.
• *The breast and genital area will not be massaged under any circumstances. Permission will be asked before working close to these areas; otherwise, a professional distance will be maintained.
• *Requests for sexual activity will not be tolerated, will be viewed as solicitation, and reported to the proper authorities under the guidelines of the massage therapy policies and procedures. The client will not be rescheduled if this occurs.
• Children, under the age of seventeen will not be seen without a parent or guardian present in the therapy room or onsite.
• The therapy room door is never locked.
• The client may stop the massage at any time and is free to leave.
• The client may refuse any massage methods.
• Confidentiality and Conversation
The discussion between the massage therapist and the client is confidential. The client may or may not choose to talk during the massage.
• It is inappropriate for a massage therapist to discuss the therapist’s personal life with the client. We are happy to listen to your conversation and share our professional expertise.
• We prefer to not discuss topics of a political, religious or sexual nature.
• We may be required to release records under a court order, or to your doctor.
We are obligated to report suspicion of child abuse to the proper authorities.
• Informed Consent
The intake session provides time for the massage therapist to discuss each section of the massage therapy policies contained in this website.
• Prior to each massage session, the treatment plan will be discussed with you. At your first visit with us you will be asked to sign the consent intake form stating that you have read the information, understand it, and agree to comply with the professional massage therapy policies and procedures.
Jackye Rena Crumley LMT #MT133467
Jacqueline Jackie Crumley LMT #MT133503